Thursday, May 21, 2009

I like this high

I am listening to the sounds of silence, as crumpled I lay in the dark confines. It has a sense of deja vu, this feeling, you know. I have heard them before and every time I say the same words. It was kind of strange, the air that I walked through today. I like this high, a temporary sense of absolute disconnect with everything. The sky no longer feels any different, not that I noticed much of it back then... but back then, I was used to noticing it, off and on.
I see myself walking through stone roads with amber lamps on either side and a violinist playing, gently. And then an accordion, and a beautiful face, with eyes that haunt you with an encumbering presence, with those lips and a voice as sweet as a nightingale's.
I just live fantasies, for I know not if they'd ever be real. At least there is no heartbreak, there is no pain. I prefer it this way.

I miss Khajuraho and its lake. I miss the forts, the railtracks, and the cheap beers. That is some kind of life which never returns no matter how hard you try. That is some life that exists and just, exists.
And then I see something that is unseen. That there is a tomorrow and if it is not that beautiful as today, then there is a chance it might be.

6 comments:

Mighty said...

The whole world is my throne
Beyond here lies nothin'
Nothin' we can call our own

moonstruck maniac said...

Wow I keep getting new comments from new people! Do I know you? Do I need to?

Mighty said...

I don't know. I don't wear kajal anymore.

The Holy Cow said...

I really liked reading this post. Especially the disconnected high part. Just sharing something I wrote that the post in question reminded me of- http://chewinghercud.blogspot.com/2009/05/nasha-hai-sab-pe-magar-rang-nashe-ka.html

Sassy Satan said...

Come back

Kris said...

My dearest friend,

I wish I could be there in your present as I was earlier. The days of aimless wandering and the inane talks - I miss them.

Reminiscences.. there was a day when we wished we could make all the people, the crowd disappear whilst sitting intoxicated (forget what we had smoked / drank that particular day)at Saket.

Something that I liked which fits quite easily into our lives:

There are as many nights as days, and the one is just as long as the other in the year's course.
Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word 'happy' would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.
-Carl Jung

Keep writing brother! You rock. As always there are people in the background and we get to know where you are and in what state of mind!

Cheers,
Krishna